The HowNow merge document system can create and populate Microsoft Word documents with data extracted from the contacts area in HowNow Online.
Before a merge document can be created it is necessary to create a document which includes the bookmarks required to enable the merging of data. The bookmarks currently available are:
|The firm name of the owner of HowNow Online|
|HowNowFullAddress||All lines of client address|
|HowNowFullName||Contact full name|
|HowNowFirstNames||Contact given names|
|HowNowLastName||Contact family name|
|HowNowSignoff||Sign-off entered when creating a merge document|
|HowNowSubject||Subject entered when creating a merge document|
|HowNowDateEOM||The date of the end of the current month in short form|
|HowNowDateEOMF||The date of the end of the current month in full|
|HowNowDateEOY||The date of the end of the financial year in short form|
|HowNowDateEOYF||The date of the end of the financial year in full|
|HowNowDateYear||The current year in number form|
|HowNowDateFYear||The current financial year in number form|
|HowNowTodaysDate||Today’s date in short form (dd/mm/yyyy)|
|HowNowTodaysDateF||Today’s date in full (dd month yyyy)|
|HowNowTime||The current time in the format HH:MM AM/PM|
How to insert bookmarks into a Word template:
1. Type the HowNow bookmark name or field details into the document where it is required.
2. Select the text and press CTRL+C to copy it.
3. Type Alt, I, K to display the bookmark editor (or select from the menu Insert > Bookmark).
4. Press Ctrl+V to paste the selected text into the bookmark name field.
5. If a bookmark is used more than once make the bookmark name unique by adding an underscore (_) and a number to the end of the name.
6. Press Enter to save the bookmark and close the bookmark editor.
Your document will look like this:
Document with HowNow Merge Fields
Once the file has been created, add it to the Templates area in HowNow and ensure you have ticked "Has Merge Fields". The template can then be used for creating documents for clients.
The resulting document with look like this: